Pimples on Your Face - Can a Clay Mask Cure Them?

Pimples on Your Face - Can a Clay Mask Cure Them?
I recently discovered that by using a clay mask that it definitely can help with reducing the redness and inflammation on your spots. So I thought I would discuss a little about it and tell you what I found. It worked well on the smaller zits and the rosiness. I also discovered that if you put it all over your face it makes it really dry so it was better to just put it on the spots and inflamed area. So I did a bit of research on Clay Mask and this is what I have found it is better to use white clay on your skin as it is not as harsh on the skin as red or yellow clay is. I also mixed it with Aloe Vera which really helped heal my skin up really quickly, it took out all the inflammation from the zits and I resisted to scratch, rub or pick any of them. If you pick your zits from my experience what occurs is they take longer to heal and also finish up leaving a scar on your face so number 1 rule do not be persuaded to pick, squeeze any of them as you may just finish up making your spot worse and we do not desire any scars on our face do we? Not if we are able to help it anyway.

The clay works by drying out the pimple, healing it faster and reducing the inflammation of the blemishes. It draws out the toxins which are lying underneath the skin, so in effect it is taking out all that bad horrible yucky yellow stuff that you see when a pimple blemish bursts. The Clay seeps down into the layers of the skin and help to reduce the redness so helping in taking away the inflammation round the zit too. I would only ever leave it on for 5-10 minutes at the most as it is very drying. Once you have the clay on your blemish wash it off, when you do this you are washing away the toxins at the same time. Which is what we want. So I have tried using this at night before going to bed on the odd little pimple that pops up, and when I wake up in the morning the pimple has shrunk. I used Aloe vera mixing the 2 together and this has actually helped. Aloe Vera is renowned for its healing properties and its very good at taking away inflammation from the skin naturally. You can use any color of clay you would like I just found that the white clay to be to the most kind on the skin for me. The original mask I was given was a red mask. This is one that soften's the skin.

So what is Clay? Well it's dried powder that has been sun dried and it has different properties in each one, it's something a lot of salons use making up mask's to help with different problems people are having with their skins. It is quite popular to buy over clay mask and you can find them at pharmacies as well as supermarkets.

White clay is the most delicate it is best for sensitive skin and it's why I use it as my skin is sensitive. It wont pull out as many poisons from your skin as some of the others but it is best to use what suits your skin type.

Green Clay from the other view point is suited to oily skin types as well as combination skin, it is the most suited for oily and acne prone skin. A lot of people break out in acne due to a allergy to a foundation they are using and do not realize this. Its best to use a oil free moisturizer and foundation when you are prone to acne breakouts.

You will of course have to try it out on your skin to determine if your skin type will put up with it.
Red Clay helps with decongesting the skin. It helps to soften and firm also. Yellow clay is similar to green clay but not so powerful. It's good for mature and dehydrated skin.

Photo from Cinddie

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Fox my Style - Skincare and Lifestyle blog in the Philippines. Design by Fearne.