Professional Skincare Formula by Dr Alvin Did Not Work For Me

If you are looking for a skincare formula that is already known to minimize and rejuvenate pores, then you might want to try Professional Skincare Formula by Dr Alvin. I mentioned it before when I write something about minimizing face pores using kojic soap and I think it somehow worked for me.
I am not sure what went wrong but I developed a more sensitive skin after using Dr Alvin's kojic soap. During my first week, everything was fine. I never had any allergic reaction and as a matter of fact, I found it really effective because I saw that my skin was peeling a bit and pores were closing little by little. But on my second week, I noticed that my skin was more sensitive than before. Like it always felt itchy and when I scratch it even a bit, there will be red spots all over my face.

I also made sure that I don't get exposed to direct sunlight as per the instruction so I don't think that the sun causes the red spots so I decided to stop using it.

I am not really against the formula but I think, it is very important to choose what's best for our skin. Using exfoliating products like this might be effective to some people (read Chien's review) but it is also a risky routine if you'll ask me.

As of now, I went back to my old routine, St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub and Cetaphil (alternate).

How about you? Does Professional Skincare Formula by Dr Alvin works for you? You can write your review on the comment section down below.

16 comments

  1. oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! choosing the right skincare product is really tricky!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear that,but honestly for me, it's always better to have a natural products skin care routine! It's the best way to only have great products on your skin! xo, Sophia from http://www.sistersandglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always so hard to find the right product for our skin!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the brand, but I think finding the right skincare products is not easy.
    Much love, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with most new products I try! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never used that brand before.
    Emma
    www.emmalovesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is perfect for every kind of person. Thanks for your tips
    XOXO FASHIONSOBSESSIONS | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM FOLLOW MY BLOG ON GOOGLE+ AND GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have pretty sensitive skin, so I definitely will never be trying this product. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear it didn't work out for you! I hope your skin gets back to normal soon!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that :( It really takes trial and error when it comes to finding the best skin care. Hope your skin will recover fast!


    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you! I have never tried it but I agree it's important to choose what works best for your skin.
    I only use an exfoliating cleanser once a week and the rest of the time I use an oil and milk cleanser as otherwise my skin will get too sensitive.
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try oil and milk. Sounds like a great tip. :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you for this informative post! Good to know...
    April xx

    | APRIL ROSE PENGILLY |

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one of my goals here in my blog, maggie. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Fox my Style - Skincare and Lifestyle blog in the Philippines. Design by Fearne.